Across the Area is a comprehensive list of timely events for the Resident’s 200,000 readers across Southeastern Connecticut & Southern Rhode Island. If you are a non-profit organization, send items to Across the Area, the Resident, P.O. Box 269, Stonington, CT 06378 or email@example.com. Enclose a photo, if you wish, for possible publication. Items must be received three weeks in advance of event. Please explain what the event is, who is sponsoring the event, where and when it will be held and contact info for questions.
- Romance Book Discussion Group. 6:30pm. Groton Public Library. 860.441.6750.
- Email Basics class. 10:30am. Groton Public Library. 860.441.6750.
- Flicks@Six. Free screening of Now You See Me. 6pm. Craigin Memorial Library. 860537.5752.
- Brainstorm your Business: Creating Solutions to Business Challenges. SE CT Women’sNetwork luncheon. 11:30am. Groton Inn & Suites Rte 184. Info call Emma 860.961.6067.
- Craft Fair. Local handmade items. 9am-2pm. Fundraiser for the Rose City Senior Center, Norwich. 860.889.5960.
- Author Bernard Murstein discusses his memoir, When Seltzer Was Two Cents a Glass. 6:30pm. Groton Senior Center. 860.441.6750.
- Board Game Night. Simpler times starting at 6pm. Scrabble, Chess, and more! Bill Memorial Library Groton. 860.445.0392.
- Groton Business Association meeting at Groton Utilities. Free admission and breakfast. 7:30am-9am. 860.572.9578.
- Retro Game Night for teens.Bring firends! 6pm. Bill Memorial Library Groton. 860.445.0392.
Anime Club. Movies, games, cosplay and more! Grades 9-12. 6:30-8pm. Groton Public Library. 860.441.6750.
- Ace Aceto performs Royal Flush at the Granite Theatre, Westerly. 8pm. $20. 401.348.0555.
- Healthy Soup Competition. 6pm. Advantage Personal Training. Mystic. 860.245.0388.
- Collecting canned goods and unwrapped toys. 11am-4pm. Montville Fire Co 2029 Norwich-NL Tpke Uncasville. Call Jim at 860.639.9906
- Screening of Wizard of Oz celebrating 75 years. Crafts after movie. Starts 1pm. Free popcorn! Craigin Memorial Library. 860.537.5752.
- Free screening of Pixar’s Planes. 1pm. Brainerd Memorial Library. 860.345.2204.
- American Girl Tea Party hosted by Mystic Girl Scouts. $7. 11am-2pm. VFW Post 3263 Rte. 1 860.536.3861.
- Tellabration! with Valerie Tutson. All ages. 2pm. Groton Public Library. 860.441.6750.
- Russ Becker and Steve Roane benefit jazz concert. 2pm. Henry Carter Hull Library. 860.669.2342.
- Heart of Christmas Fair. Crafts, vendors, raffles, baked goods, and more! St Mary’s Church. 54 Grove St., Clinton. 860.388.8110.
- Annual Holiday Fair. Crafts, raffle, live green baskets, more! St Andrew Lutheran Church. Charlestown, RI. 401.322.0088.
- Voices on the Thames, Regional Children’s Choir. Autumn concert. 2pm. Second Congregational Church Waterford. 860.501.5551.
- Beautiful Tributes Coast Guard Band concert. 2pm. Leamy Concert Hall New London. 860.701.6826.
- Cultivating Compassion: Perspectives on Israelis, Palestinians, and Possibilities for Peace. 7pm. Mystic Congregational Church. 860.536.4259.
- Shoreline Roller Derby. Fun and Food.Doors open 5pm. Galaxy Roller Rink Groton. Tix firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Exploring the Affordable Health Care Act: Where do I Begin? 7pm. Groton Public Library. 860.441.6750.
- Beginning today, Riverfront Childrens Center annual wreath sale. 12″ double faced balsam. 860.445.2831.
- Teen Movie Tuesday. Call for movie title. Rated PG-13. 6pm. Groton Public Library. 860.441.6750.
- Flicks@Six. Free screening of My Week With Marilyn. 6pm. Craigin Memorial Library. 860537.5752.
- Giant Menorah lighting. 6pm. Colchester Town Green. All are welcome. Chabad Jewish Center. 860.659.2422.
- Thanksgiving Dinner at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church. Starts 1pm. 15 Pearl St. Mystic. 860.572.9549.
- Downtown Mystic Christmas activities. Starting at 2pm. Contact Cherie’lin at 860.572.9578.
- Noank/Mystic Community Band. 2pm. St. Patrick Hall in Mystic.
- First Friends: Rhyme Time and Playgroup. 11am – 12pm. Otis Library 860.889.2365.
- Cheese 101: Intro to Artisan Cheese featuring master cheesemonger Thomas Perry. 6:30 – 7:30pm. Cragin Memorial Library. 860.537.5752.
- Author of A Violet Season, Kathy Leonard Czepiel Book signing. Talk & Tea. 2pm. Estuary Council of Seniors, Old Saybrook. 860.388.1611.
- Frosty Mornings Storytime. 10:15am – 11am. Otis Library 860.889.2365.
- Rhode Island Black Heritage Society hosts a screening of The Loving Story. 5:30pm. Call Ray at 401.421.0606
- Front Page Girl. Spirit of Broadway Theater. Nov 6 – Dec 8. Performances we & Thurs 7pm. Fri & Sat 8pm. Sun 2pm. 860.886.2378
- Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol beginning 11/29 at Granite Theatre in Westerly. For tickets and info call 401.596.2341.
- Boy Scout Venturing Co-Ed Program. Ages 14-21. 2nd friday each month. 6-8pm. The Lighthouse Niantic. To join, call 860.445.7626 x115.
- Norwich VFW post 594 meets the 2nd Tues. of each month 7pm. 860.892.1400
- Joseph’s Living Center offers a monthly bluegrass jam. 7 – 9 p.m. Monthly on third Tuesdays. 860.455.9400
- Full Throttle Biker Church Meets the second Friday at Seaport Community Church 28 Great Brook Road Groton (860)448-6224
- Baby Social Hour ages 2 and under Mondays 9:30 a.m. September 16 – December 2 Groton Public Library 860.441.6750
- Toddler Time 10 a.m. ages 1 – 3 years Wednesdays Sept 18 – Dec 4th. Groton Public Library 860.441.6750